Takagi water heaters are in the upper echelon in the tankless water heater industry. In fact, Takagi was the first company to offer a tankless product. The T-KJr2-IN-LP model is the smallest unit in the Takagi line-up. Takagi has both outdoor and indoor models. Both are using natural gas and propane gas for heating.
T-KJr2 uses for indoor installation and has an option to use direct vent systems. It can fit well in small areas. This model is suitable for light residential and radiant heating applications. It is one of the best water heaters on the market. T-KJr2 is perfect for those who are on a budget to get a quality water heater. It is among the best indoor propane gas tankless water heater.
Last update on 2020-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Technical Information on Takagi Propane Instant Hot Water Heater
- Brand Name: Takagi
- Part Number: T-KJr2-IN-LP
- Model Number: T-KJr2-IN-LP
- Product Dimension: 6.7*13.8*20.3 inches
- Size: -1
- Fuel Type: Propane
- Max BTU Rating: 190,000BTU/h
- Energy Factor: 0.82
- Temperature Range: 99-167F
- Water Pressure: 15-150 psi
- Max Flow Rate: 8 GPM
- Gas Connection: ¾ inches NPT
- Water Connection: ¾ inches NPT
- Colour: Liquid Propane
- Voltage: 115 Volts
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Vent: 50 inches max Length, 5 elbows max
- Material: Metal, Plastic
- Certification: Energy Star
- Country of Origin: Japan
- Warranty: 10-year heat exchanger and 5-year on parts
- Maximum BTUs: 140,000 ; Minimum BTUs: 19,500
- Vent Type: Direct Vent ; Water Connection Location: Bottom ; Water Connection: 3/4 Inch
- Heat Exchanger: Copper; Voltage: AC 120V ; UEF: 0.80 ;Emissions: Low Nox
- Product Weight:38 lbs; Safety features include freeze, overheat, surge protection, and troubleshooting...
- 140,000 BTU
Last update on 2020-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Features of Takagi Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater
- Energy Efficient:
One of the main reasons for people to choice tankless water heater is the energy factor. Tankless water heaters can save a lot of costs spent on energy. Takagi T-KJr2 comes with 140,000BTU facilities. This indoor tankless water heater is energy star certified. Once you get the heater fixed, you can ensure the efficiency aspect. It comes with an energy factor of 0.81 to 0.83.
- Consistent and Safe:
Takagi T-KJr2-IN is able to produce hot water on a continuous basis. So you need not have to worry about running out of hot water at any time. Takagi propane gas water heater is safe to use. It has got an excellent venting system. So it is a safe, reliable and durable model.
- Compact Size:
Size is a vital issue for any home. Most propane powered tankless water heaters are vast and heavy. The Takagi propane instant water heater is different. The winning aspects of Takagi T-KJr2-IN are its catchy and compact outlook. This unit weighs less than 38 pounds. It comes with a product dimension of 28*17*10.5 inches. So you need not have to worry about space constraints. The size is easy to fit into your space. So you can enjoy propane power without compromising space-saving goals.
Takagi T-KJr2-IN has excellent hot water capacity. It is able to meet up with the hot water demands for the entire household. This propane hot water tank is able to generate 8.0GPM hot water on a constant basis.
- Remote Control Operates:
It is a plus point feature of this unit. Takagi natural gas water heater comes with both remote control and power cord. So you can control the heat from a distant. It helps to save much of your time and energy.
The Specialty of Takagi Propane Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Venting with category iii stainless steel
- Safety feature include freeze, overheat, surge protection and troubleshooting codes
- Comes with TK-RE02 Remote Temperature Controller
- Indoor installation
- Air Fuel Ratio Sensor
- Exhaust and Water Temperature Safety Control
- Horizontal or Vertical Installation
- Manual reset high limit switch
- Internal Freeze-Protection System
- Easy Installation
- Needless maintenance
- Comes with a remote control system
- Provides over 150F hot water in a moderate climate
- Light in weight
- Occupies a small space
- An up to mark performance
- Best for small houses.
Solution: You can buy more than one of this unit if you need.
- Need a ventilation system to release the harmful fumes. This results in extra installation cost.
Solution: It is not advisable to have a certified technician install. It can help you to avoid disappointment. You can spend some extra cost for your safety.
Question: 1 what is the max temperature of the water provided by this T-KJr2 unit?
Answer: Takagi propane on-demand water heater provides temperature max 167 F.
Question: 2 how much hot water would product put out per minute when the water is 32 degrees?
Answer: The Takagi TKJr2 will provide endless hot water. It will deliver a 55-degree rise at 5.5 GPM. So the water that comes in at 32 degrees the temperature would be around 87 degrees at 5.5 GPM.
Question: 3 I want to heat water in Japanese style soaking tub. Is it possible?
Answer: Yes, You could use the T-KJr2 for this.
Question: 4 Is the T-KJr2-IN-LP model UL or CSA approved?
Answer: Yes, It is.
Question: 5 How much noise does the exhaust blower make?
Answer: It doesn’t create much noise.
Takagi Tankless Water Heaters Installing Process
Takagi is a well-known brand. It has created a huge impact with its exceptional range of competitive arena. Also, it’s critical to note that it is a ‘Point of use’ unit, not a ‘whole house’. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP is perfect if you are looking for a silent indoor water heater. So for large homes, you may need to buy more than one of this unit. For more convenience, this unit can integrate with a remote controller. The installation process is easy as pie. Propane tankless water heater reviews are positive. So it is one of the best you can find in this range. It has scored efficiency, cost-effectiveness and reliability. This unit is recommended for anyone. So you can buy this unit. It will not disappoint you.