EcoSmart ECO 27 is a whole-home model with the latest technology. It is one of the industry’s best-selling water heaters and can install anywhere in the home and supply hot water to the entire house. This model conserves an impressive amount of energy and has an extended warranty. So if you are looking for the highest performing energy-efficient tankless water heater, Ecosmart ECO 27 is a top choice for you.
- Part Number: ECO27
- Model: ECO 27
- KW: 27
- Voltage: 240
- Temperature Range: 80 degree F – 140 degree F
- Max Amperage: 112.5
- Size: 17*17*3.75 Inches
- Product Weight: 13.75 lbs.
- Required breaker: 3*40 AMP
- Wire Gauge: 3*8 AWG
- Water Connections: ¾ Inches NPT
- Color: White
- Certification: Water sense
- Warranty: Life time warranty (Does not cover labor or any incidental damages)
Product Description of Eco 27 Water Heater
The ECO 27 water heaters are available with self-modulating technology and can heat 3 gallons per minute. This unit is suitable for where water temperatures can reach as low as 37.5 degrees F. Ecosmart 27 can handle up to two showers running simultaneously. It never runs out of hot water. ECO 27 is ideal for people who require a lot of hot water. Digital temperature control allows you to set your temperature from 80 degrees to 140 degrees F.
- Endless on-Demand Hot Water; Consistent hot water when you need it that never runs out; Continuously...
- Save Space; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters; may...
- Save Energy; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 99% thermal energy efficient; Only heats water...
- EcoSmart ECO 27 Sizing; Refer to the sizing map. Requires 3x40 AMP Double Pole Breaker, 27-kilowatt...
- Warranty and Certifications; Limited Lifetime Warranty on electronics, exchanger and element; UL-499...
Last update on 2022-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Features of 27 KW Tankless Water Heaters
The ECO 27 tankless water heater provides you with plenty of features that make it worth the buy.
Endless Hot Water Supply:
The tankless water heater will provide you with endless on-demand hot water. It heats water as it passes through the unit. It does not store hot water like a tank type water heater. The ECO 27 tankless water heater can produce enough hot water. The feature is outstanding if you have a large family. You can use the shower, and it will not affect the supply.
The ECO 27 water heater is a self-modulating model that does not require constant manual adjustment of its output. It has a sophisticated sensor system that detects temperature changes and models the demand for the water heater, which ensures a steady hot water supply to keep up with your busy lifestyle. With ECO 27, you can save energy and money while enjoying a continuous flow of hot water.
Save Your Cost:
The tankless water heater can save up to 50% on water heating costs. So this is the plus point of this tankless water heater. You can cut your electric bills down. You can replace the traditional water heater with a tankless water heater. Ecosmart tankless water heaters only turn on when you need hot water. It allows the unit to use less energy to heat water. It means the Echo 27 can adjust how much energy needs to be input based on how much water you need. So it can cut your electric bill by as much as 30% if you switch from a traditional one.
Traditional tank heaters take up a lot of space. The Eco 27 provides adequate water heating without taking up too much space in your home. It is four times smaller than traditional water tanks. It would be best to have an empty wall inside a closet, attic, under a sink, or in a crawl space. They are compact, so finding an installation location for a tankless water heater is easier. Also, its compact and attractive design adds a smart look to your home.
Digital Temperature Control:
The digital temperature control feature is an excellent advantage of the new generation tankless water heater. It allows you to set the temperature as you like it for your comfort. The water heater can be set from 80 degrees F to 140 degrees F in one-degree increments. This feature reduces the risk of getting burned from scalding. You can also control the temperature of the water by using a flow control valve and thermistor. The digital scale displays the temperature readings, a great feature for families with small children.
ECO 27 water heaters are also known for their energy-saving features. Using 60% less gas or electricity will help conserve natural resources.
Easy To Clean And Maintain:
Eco 27 is very easy to maintain and clean. All you need is a Philips screwdriver. You can easily perform routine cleaning. For example, you can clean the heating element and the burner. To clean the glass door on your ECO 27 water heater, first, remove it by gently pulling it outwards from the top corners. Soak a cloth in warm soapy water, and then use it to wipe the glass door. Rinse the door with fresh water and then replace it in the heater. You should also clean the pilot light. Ensure to keep the area around the Eco 27 water heater clean, which will help ensure safe and efficient operation.
The specialty of the Eco Smart ECO 27 :
- EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater is powerful
- Provides endless hot water supply
- It is safe to use
- This model is designing to provide endless hot water to large households
- All its components are produced from either stainless steel or copper. To ensure their longevity and durability
- Ecosmart offers a lifetime warranty on this water heater’s parts
- The Unit has a 99.8% energy efficiency rating
- Digital temperature controls allow complete control of the hot water
- The Eco 27 can heat 3 gallons per minute. It makes the heater ideal for places with water temperatures that are below 40 degrees F.
- Eco Smart ECO 27 is 50% heating cost saving
- EcoSmart has the most advanced self-modulating technology, only using the amount of energy needed.
- 99% efficiency
- It saves your space
- Non-stop hot water supply
- The small unit does not take much space
- Point-of-use heats water on demand
- Lifetime parts warranty
- Some reviews say it provides a low flow of water. The water is not as hot as it would be.
Solution: Greatest capacity of the heater is 140 by setting. It is for safety reason. So it is perfect for the less cold weather and children.
- No labor warranty. The company may not honor parts warranty on self-installs.
Solution: You need to afford a licensed electrician and plumber for the installation. It will meet the warranty prerequisites.
- Hot water dribble sometimes
Solution: For leaking water complaints it can be another issue of the unclear pipeline or staffed valves. It is not a failing feature of the heater.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the installation process easy?
Yes, the installation process is straightforward and simple. First, we turn off the power to the water heater and drain out any water left in it. Next, we remove the old water heater and take care of any gas lines or other utilities that may be attached to it. We then use a plumbing snake to clear out the PEX pipes for blockages and connect the new ECO 27 to it. Finally, we turn on the power and test for any hot water leaks before turning on the breaker switch.
What does warranty cover?
Warranty covers repairers of faulty parts. Installation cost, dissembling or assembling costs are excluding of warranty coverage.
Does Ecosmart 27 work for a washing machine and shower at a time?
There is no definitive answer to this question. Some people have said that it does work, while others have said it doesn't. You should bear in mind several things when trying out this product. The first is the machine's capacity- if it's a high-capacity machine, it can hold more, so there's a better chance of both running at once without any problems.
EcoSmart Tankless Water Heaters Installation Video
Ecosmart 27 is an excellent choice for most households, especially those with more output needs. Energy savings is the most significant selling point for tankless water heaters like the ECO 27. It is one of the powerful heaters on the market. It can serve a larger family. In colder climates, it can still manage the demands for hot water from many sources. This heater is the right solution with an excellent warranty and reliable user reviews.
If you do not have a tankless water heater or are thinking of getting one, you might find this ECO 27 review helpful. It’s a tankless system that has a reputation. It can cut your energy bills more than others. A key feature that sets this system apart from the rest is the lifetime warranty. It can work better in every prospect than other heaters in cold weather. So, Ecosmart will be the right decision for you to rely on.